Thursday 23 July 2009

my antique upbringing. (with biscuits)

recipe first today:
Daunie's Vegan Biscuits!
daunie is my unvegan
sister and these are her luscious buttery soft breakfast biscuits.
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour/unbleached organic white flour
3 tsp baking powder

1 tsp apple cider vinegar
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup cold vegan margarine (Earth Balance spread)
1 cup cold water
Preheat oven to 450F. Pour the 1 tsp vinegar into 1 cup water. In large bowl (preferably kitchen aid mixer
bowl) stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in margarine and water-vinegar mixture. Stir until well blended and sticky. Cut into 6 and drop into oiled muffin cups. Bake 12-15 mins. lightly browned on top.

Next up, a study on extravagant dressing and beauty. what i mean is, i look at what people wear, dresses that have eyelets with ribbons threaded thru, the numerous rings on their fingers. i gue
ss i love that we can all decorate our bodies, our one human bodies, with beautiful things from then and from now.
vintage and modern. i don't necessarily follow
quote-"fashion" i usually just wear jean capris and a t-shirt and a bird in my hair, but i love to buy beautiful clothes at antique stores and hang them in my room, and they come down when i have a party or use them for a photoshoot. i need to photograph a pile of all my pretties and post it on here.
I am very inspired by the blog, The Moldy Doily
one of my recent dreams is to have my own vintage/antique/bakery store. i grew up with my parents dragging me to
antique stores and flea markets all over central and southern indiana. i wasn't too interested then, but as i got a bit older, i started seeing the beauty in all these old things and appreciating everything. i could link these antiques with my past. my great grandmother, born in 1913, was a huge part of my bringing up. we would travel around bedford in her red oldsmobile and visit her friends, my favorite place to go was Lou & Lauren's house. They lived out in the country, down in a valley and i would swing on the tire swing, we would eat lunch outside that Lou would cook, and i would leave with a dahlia from lauren's garden that he would let me choose. >my cousin at right. my main model, wearing one of my newest vintage store finds, a sheer skirt. love them. i think it started when prudence wore one on across the universe. (photo of mandy by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment